Kevin Martin Academy
Benefiting the Lupus Research Foundation
at Four Seasons Curling Club at Fogerty Arena, Blaine, MN
June 29: Technical (on-ice) 5 pm – 6:30
June 30: Strategy (classroom) 11:00 am – 12:30 pm
June 30: Systems (on-ice) *** NEW *** 1:30 pm – 3
Take this wonderful opportunity to learn from Kevin directly!
These special sessions include:
- Technical: technical skills for your delivery: on-ice techniques to properly slide and deliver the rock
- Strategy: breakdown of hammer/no-hammer, up/down scenarios. Includes STRATEGY BOOK with ILLUSTRATIONS for you to see/understand/emulate Kevin’s strategy, TAKE NOTES, AND TAKE HOME WITH YOU
- Team Systems: NEW THIS YEAR! Role and responsibility of each team-mate for 4-person and Mixed Doubles curling. All on-ice. See more detailed description below!
Price includes all 3 sessions.
Recommended price (which is a donation):
$300 for adults
$250 for juniors (age 21 or under)
Your donation will cover all 3 sessions. You may share the sessions amongst 3 people (one person per session).
So if you purchase a $300 set of sessions, you can have a different person attend each session (you can separate it out however you like).
If you do share the sessions, please tell us who will be attending each session by emailing Regan: email@example.com
Single sessions ARE available. They are $150 per session for adults and $125 per session per juniors. Email Regan.
Description of Sessions:
On the ice
• Learn how to throw like Kevin Martin
• All ages and skill levels are welcome
• Class has only 24 people; you will get personalized attention
• Kevin will customize instruction to address your needs. He has an amazing eye and way of explaining key concepts that will change your game dramatically. This is for any level of skill. Top players in the world come to Kevin every year for guidance.
- All on-ice
- Kevin’s Four Pillars of delivery:
You will be delighted with the results. Get ready to change your game!
In the Classroom
Strategy Book with Illustrations Included
Learn Kevin’s way of thinking. He’ll start with the “big picture” and go from there. Questions are welcome. This is meant to be an interactive session so you can truly grasp Kevin’s smart yet simple strategies. This is good not only for skips but the entire team. It will help you all be on the same page, which will increase your team cohesiveness and help you win.
Team Systems: * NEW *
This visual learning class will include (not limited to) learning exactly where do you hit the rock to make this double? What is the drag effect and how can I use it in my game? How do rocks spin and interact with each other. Angles! All of this comes into play in 4-person and in MD because of play to the middle.
Time with Kevin:
Above and beyond learning with Kevin, you will have the opportunity to say hello to him and visit, ask questions and get a photo taken with him. He loves working with people and helping improve their game!