How You Pick Your Celebrity Skip:
- After you register, we will create a team fundraising page for you. Your fundraised dollars count towards your Skip Bid!
- Register for the Lupus Spiel Summer 2023. Your registration counts towards your skip bid. Register as a team or individual. Let us know your team name so we can connect you with your team members. If you do not have a team, we will place you on one. Teams are made up of 4 members, where the fourth is your Celebrity Skip.
- Make sure to provide accurate phone numbers so that we can reach you when it’s time to pick your Celebrity Skip! Phone numbers are critical. If you don’t answer your phone, we will have to move down the list.
See Skip Auction for details.
1. When you bid on your skip(s) in the Skip Auction, your final bid (what you owe) will be your final bid minus your entry fee (your entry fee goes toward your bid) *** as does any sponsorships etc. you bring in *** see * list below. Your entry fee is essentially how you get registered.
2. We encourage every team to use the Skip Auction and bid on a skip / skips. We highly recommend you bid on several skips (at least your “top 5”) to ensure your choice. The reason for the Skip Auction is to provide a more direct route to your skip and increase transparency. So, for those curlers that DO NOT bid on skips in the Skip Auction, they will be part of the draft. Skips that have not been bid on will go to the draft.
*These count towards your skip bid:
- Sponsorship you bring – See the SPONSORSHIP kit to help you
- Personal payment
- Corporate matches
- Family & Friends contributions (we accept cash and checks as well as cc payments to your online fundraising page)
- Other campaigns (facebook or other)
When it comes time to bid on skips, simply place your bid(s), and then pay what you owe
We will close the Skip Auction approximately two weeks prior to the spiel. Exact date and time to be announced
- Again, for those teams that do not bid on a skip in the auction, they go to the “draft” system. In the draft, the top money-raisers get first pick of those skips that were not bid on. The second highest money-raisers get second pick.
- You can find your fundraising page under the Fundraising Pages menu. Share this page with all your contacts, friends and family to make your fundraising a success! For fundraising tips, see the Teams page and use the Sponsorship Kit!
- Reminder: hit “Submit” after filling out your registration form. You will see a note about processing, then make your payment.
- Please allow 24 hours for your team page to be approved. Then you will see your post on the Fundraising Pages menu item.
The draft system is based on total monies brought to the foundation (via fundraising, payment, sponsorship, corporate matches, etc). wherein the top fundraiser gets first pick. Total monies brought to the foundation determines your spot in the draft order.