Skip to content How You Pick Your Celebrity Skipbeth Whelan2019-01-03T19:50:06+00:00
How You Pick Your Celebrity Skip:
- By signing up, you are creating a “campaign”. This campaign will be how you FUNDRAISE. YOUR FUNDRAISING WILL HELP DETERMINE HOW YOU PICK YOUR CELEBRITY SKIP!
- Sign up (create a campaign) as an individual, a “team” of two, or a “team” of three (your fourth is your Celebrity Skip).
- Note: you’re signing up as a “team” (or “campaign”) even if you are a “team” of one or two people. This will ensure everyone can see each other’s fundraising efforts so that friendly competition can ensue! We will pair you with others to form your team.
- If you do have other team members, provide their email and cell phone numbers as well as your own so we can REACH YOU when you are picking your skip! Phone numbers are critical.
- You must write NA in the fields for 2nd and 3rd players, if you do not have a 2nd or 3rd player.
NEW THIS YEAR: We are adding a Skip Auction. This is for transparency and a more direct route to your skip. See Skip Auction for details.
1. When you bid on your skip(s) in the Skip Auction, your final bid (what you owe) will be your final bid minus your entry fee (your entry fee goes toward your bid). *** and any sponsorships you bring in etc *** see below. Your entry fee is essentially how you get registered.
2. We encourage every team to use the Skip Auction and bid on a skip / skips. We highly recommend you bid on several skips (at least your “top 5”) to ensure your opportunity. The reason for the Skip Auction is to provide a more direct route to your skip and increase transparency. So, for those curlers that DO NOT bid on skips in the Skip Auction, or, for those curlers that want a skip that has not been bid on, the skip-pick will be the “draft” system, used in previous years, based on money brought to the foundation (via any means including fundraising, payment, sponsorship, corporate matches, etc). wherein whoever brings in the most money gets first pick. In this scenario, your entry fee will be a factor in your skip-pick. It is TOTAL MONIES BROUGHT to the foundation that determines your spot in the draft order.
KEEP IN MIND
TOTAL MONIES BROUGHT is what you can use towards your: 1. paying off your winning bid in the Skip Auction, or 2. your draft-order via the draft system.
Total monies brought includes:
- entry fee
- SPONSORSHIP YOU BRING – See the SPONSORSHIP kit to help you bring these in
- personal payment
- CORPORATE MATCHES
- your grandma’s contribution
- other campaigns (online or other)
Simply submit your bid, and then pay what you owe
We will close the Skip Auction approximately two weeks prior to the spiel. Exact date and time to be announced shortly
- Again, for those teams that do not bid on a skip in the auction, the top money-raisers get first pick of those skips that were not bid on, and the list goes on from there. What we mean by “money raised” is ALL money you have contributed, including entry fees you have paid, payments you have personally made, corporate matches, or sponsorships you bring in.
- You can find your personalized page under “View the Teams” under the “Lupus Spiel” tab within 24 hours of submittal. Share this page with your contacts, friends and family to make your fundraising a success! For fundraising tips, see the “Teams” page and use the “Sponsorship Kit”!
- Reminder: hit “Submit” after filling out your form. You will see a note about processing, then make your payment.
- Please allow 24 hours for your team page to be approved. Then you will see your post on the Teams USA 2019 page.