Description of Sessions:
On the ice
• Learn how to throw like Kevin Martin
• All ages and skill levels are welcome
• Class has only 24 people; you will get personalized attention
• Kevin will customize instruction to address your needs. He has an amazing eye and way of explaining key concepts that will change your game dramatically. This is for any level of skill. Top players in the world come to Kevin every year for guidance.
- All on-ice
- Kevin’s Four Pillars of delivery:
You will be delighted with the results. Get ready to change your game!
In the Classroom
Strategy Book with Illustrations Included
Learn Kevin’s way of thinking. He’ll start with the “big picture” and go from there. Questions are welcome. This is meant to be an interactive session so you can truly grasp Kevin’s smart yet simple strategies. This is good not only for skips but the entire team. It will help you all be on the same page, which will increase your team cohesiveness and help you win.
Team Systems: * NEW *
On the ice
Fabulous real-time, real-life scenarios of team systems: roles and responsibilities of each member of the team.
• for four person and Mixed Doubles curling
• game management
• roles for front end in 4-person: timing, clearing, sweeping
• roles for backend
• front end and backend working together
• roles in Mixed Doubles: broom holding (who should hold the broom? And when?), sweeping, communication, all the things we need solid advice on to improve our MD game
• sweeping: in 4-person curling and in Mixed Doubles including popping up and sweeping
• MD rules and how to play; strategy
This visual learning class will include (not limited to) learning exactly where do you hit the rock to make this double? What is the drag effect and how can I use it in my game? How do rocks spin and interact with each other. Angles! All of this comes into play in 4-person and in MD because of play to the middle.
This is going to be an excellent session. Can’t miss.
Party Mixer: a wonderful meet and greet evening with Kevin where he gives a great talk about his curling career. It includes stories you won’t hear anywhere else, and learnings about how he approaches the game. Life stories and strategies that took him from Silver to Gold will keep you engaged and have lots of laughs. Wine and cheese included. Cash bar available for additional options. Get your photos and autographs. Bring family and friends (individual tickets are available for purchase). Also includes a secial live auction with items that are ONLY available to Broomstones Curling Club!
Fun Activity On-Ice with Kevin:
2-end game. Get your chance to win from Jared Wydysh!
There will be two groups of both on-ice sessions: As such:
Group A: Sat.: 9:30-11:30 am Technical. 12-1:30 pm Strategy. 5-7 pm Team Systems. 8 pm Party Mixer!
Group B: Sat.: 12-1:30 pm Strategy. 2:30-4:30 pm Technical. 8 pm Party Mixer! Sun. 9-11 am Team Systems.
Fun Activity On-Ice: Sun. 11 am-12 pm
Time with Kevin:
Above and beyond learning with Kevin, you will have the opportunity to visit with him! Ask questions, have fun, and get a photo and autograph. He loves working with people and helping improve their game!